Wednesday, September 18, 2013

hand painted signage

i spent all of saturday hand-painting words onto large arrows that my dearest room-mate and sister-friend whitney stroupe painted (her website's coming soon).  these arrows were a big installation for the sanctuary at our church, mosaic.  it was exactly what my heart needed after 6 weeks of being slammed at my day job.  i just needed a day in the hot mosaic warehouse-sanctuary, in my overalls, with a ton of room to spread out and work with my hands.  the only problem is that it made me crave more.  i'm dreaming of a day when i can spend all day working with my hands.  i think it frees me up to spend my thoughts on lovely dreamy things...just where my mind and heart like to dwell most.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the results. Sometimes working with your hands is the very thing your soul needs.

    blog.gramercystudio.com

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts...